Ever since Samsung announced S-Voice, an exclusive voice-activated virtual assistant for the Galaxy S III, people have been scrambling to try to install it on other devices. S-Voice is actually powered by Vlingo, which has its own voice app in the Play Store that has been around for quite some time.
Now, Vlingo has released Vlingo Labs, a beta version of their latest virtual assistant that provides much of the same functionality as S-Voice minus the device restrictions. Labs is where Vlingo will test new features, such as being able to wake up Vlingo with a spoken word, SMS/search/voice calling dictation, and truly hands-free operation. These features, when fully fleshed out and tested in the Labs app, will then graduate to the full Vlingo app.
Vlingo Labs looks and acts a bit more like Apple’s Siri, bringing Android closer to parity with iOS’s much heralded voice assistant.
Labs only supports U.S. or Canadian devices running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Download it from the Play Store link or QR code below.
- Labs features on way to Google Play Music
- Sony Xperia PLAY Gets Ice Cream Sandwich Beta
- Swype To Unleash Beta For Ice Cream Sandwich By End Of January
- Evi Personal Assistant App Gives Android Users Another Reason To Forget About Siri
- Notion Ink’s Adam Tablet has Ice Cream Sandwich Beta for Download
Leave a comment
Follow Us On Facebook
- Hereader: Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE hits Everything Everywhere October 15th http://t.co/1FaJ68lh #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Barnes & Noble rolls out updated Nook reading app http://t.co/1L2maTOf #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Sprint’s Galaxy Note II spotted in FCC database along with 4G LTE 10.1 tablets http://t.co/SEamakft #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Walkman Player from some Sony devices now for rooted ICS devices http://t.co/wpMuWhbr #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Android amasses 48 percent of US adult tablet market, iPad slips to 52 percent http://t.co/E0SOVzGL #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Summer comScore market share numbers released, Android still #1 platform http://t.co/s9BHn3AF #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: HTC proudly shows off early design sketches of their One X+ http://t.co/10td9Se6 #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Motorola drops their ITC patent infringement claim against Apple http://t.co/ya8TmCUx #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: New Sony Xperia T commercial features one touch picture sharing http://t.co/pEYhmoy0 #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Samsung Galaxy S III Mini could be introduced on October 11 http://t.co/sfLMBItz #ereader#touchscreen ereader