We recently told you about the DROID RAZR project that was taking place that involves a soak test for registered members of the support forums. Being apart of the selected group, I received an email today explaining that the soak test is getting underway and the list of updates and improvements are fairly significant. Unfortunately, I traded in my RAZR for the Galaxy Nexus so I am unable to actually monitor the improvements to the device but the update addresses the following:
- SIM Error notification has been fixed.
- Improved camera features and quality.
- Improved stability of menu access, Browser, Phone Dialer, video playback and music player to prevent Force Close errors and lockups.
Email, Messaging, & Data
- Updated ground message notification.
- Improvement in 3G/4G data connectivity.
- Maintain network connection upon completion of a voice call.
Application & Widgets
- Background color has been adjusted to improved readability in Lapdock connection UI menu items.
So if you are registered on the forums for the software soak than you should be seeing the update soon and will bring your device up to version 6.11.747.XT912.Verizon.en.US. If you are not registered and if all goes well then you can probably expect the official update to roll out sometime in the near future. The DROID RAZR was a pretty nice device to begin with and I am interested to hear how it is improved. For those that receive the early update, do us a favor and let us know what you think, cool?
Follow Us On Facebook
- Hereader: NASA releases augmented reality app for viewing 3D spacecraft models http://t.co/UHqx5AAzU8 #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: T-Mobile CZ Uses Sex Appeal to Sell Sony Xperia Z http://t.co/ptZ0hKUfIY #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: T-Mobile CZ Uses Sex Appeal to Sell Sony Xperia Z http://t.co/mkQ3JoItTt #ereader#touchscreen ereader