On Thursday, a U.S. appeals court turned down Samsung’s request to stay a preliminary injunction barring the sale of Galaxy Tab 10.1 tabs. The preliminary injunction was granted by Judge Lucy H. Koh in patent litigation between Samsung and Apple over the design of the Galaxy Tab 10.1. The injunction was granted on June 26th and bars Samsung from importing or selling the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the U.S. The injunction does not apply to the Galaxy Tab 10.1 II, the current model being sold by Samsung in US markets.
The patent in question involves the design of tablet devices. Judge Koh found the Galaxy Tab 10.1 to be similar in design in “the eyes of the ordinary observer.” This conclusion is basically one hundred eighty degrees opposite of recent rulings in similar litigation in the U.K. in which Judge Colin Birss determined the Samsung devices were not as simplistic as Apple’s devices and therefore customers would not be confused. Judge Birss has gone so far in that case as to order Apple to issue public statements indicating the Samsung design did not copy Apple.
In addition to refusing to lift the stay on sales, the Court of Appeals also denied Samsung’s motion to expedite their appeal of the court’s order. Samsung has not released a comment on the ruling.
source: PC World
Click Here To Check Out This ereader Solution
- Immediate Stay of Galaxy Tab 10.1 Injunction Denied By Federal Circuit
- Dutch Court Denies Apple’s Appeal and Allows Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Sales To Flourish
- Sales of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in US halted by judge
- Samsung denied request to lift ban of Galaxy Tab 10.1
- Apple Wins Appeal, Pursues Preliminary Injunction Against Samsung
Leave a comment
Follow Us On Facebook
- Hereader: Netflix Gets Updated To Include Support For Devices Operating In Nordic Countries http://t.co/1WLz0jj3 #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: UK Confirmed To See ASUS PadFone 2 “Early Next Year”, Says ASUS PR Rep http://t.co/9xPrTbcn #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Sony Xperia T Smartphone Achieves Full HD Voice Certification http://t.co/ie6W0Xk8 #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: White House study finds ‘no clear evidence’ that Huawei spied for China, howev http://t.co/Z4MWWN3m #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Google Play Store wishlists included in latest update now rolling out http://t.co/sPjEqWlu #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Google Calendar now available as standalone app from Google Play for ICS and JB devices http://t.co/FeWZTWy7 #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Google rolls out Android 4.1.2 OTA update for Google Play Galaxy Nexus devices http://t.co/SbMGbhd6 #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Google rolls out Android 4.1.2 OTA update for Google Play Galaxy Nexus devices http://t.co/V8BHT0lS #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Google to hold Android event October 29th in New York City http://t.co/bBzwbG50 #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Swype update brings split keyboard and dictionary syncing functionality http://t.co/WwbRgfAo #ereader#touchscreen ereader