DROID XYBOARD 8.2 And 10.1 Get Respective Updates, Improves Functionality And Enhances Stylus Support
Looks like the Xyboard family is due for an update as Verizon just announced a maintenance update for the pair to improve the overall functionality of the device as well as support for a few additional tidbits. The Xyboard 8.2 is receiving the 1.6.0M_279-MZ609 update and the 10.1-inch device is receiving 1.6.0M_279-MZ617. Both updates seem to be identical at first glance however, the Xyboard 10.1 is adding better support for the “Touch Response that includes Stylus enhancements.” Pretty sweet if you ask me. Maybe this will influence some of you non-converters to run out and finally grab the alternative input method now ($40). If you’re ready to improve your device, hit the source links below respectively to get your update. Don’t forget to report back with any issues if you have ‘em. Feel free to report them in our new forum.
- Enhanced browser performance to improve scrolling.
- Improved Touch Response. (Touch Response that includes Stylus enhancements for Xyboard 10.1)
- Maintain data connection when switching between Wi-Fi and the Verizon 3G and 4G LTE networks
Verizon 3G and 4G LTE networks.
- Successfully connect to 4G LTE network and see the 4G LTE indicator.
- The Daily application now comes preloaded.
- Device is now capable of Global Roaming.
Email & Messaging
- Successfully open links in email messages without device needing to reboot.
- Keyboard function supported in docking station