Back when I first had my DROID RAZR I was a bit sad that there were no official recovery options should we botch a mod or ROM install. I mean there was nitroglycerine33′s bootstrap recovery, but there was no way to reboot into recovery should you not be able to access the bootstrap. This was causing a lot of folks issues as they were making attempts at flashing various ROMS only to soft-brick their phones. It was safe to say that without the ability to boot into a custom recovery the RAZR development community was stifled greatly.
While I returned my RAZR for my much loved Galaxy Nexus, I am glad to say that the development community has stubbornly pushed through and brought Koush’s famous ClockworkMod Recovery to the DROID RAZR. In order for this to work though, you must be rooted, and have nitro’s bootstrap apk file installed. As far as we know, this works for all current models of the RAZR but has yet to be tested thoroughly.
For those of you that are interested in the process and getting CWM onto your RAZR you can hit the break below to check out the downloads and quick instructions on getting this installed. For the detail oriented, there is also a link to the detailed instructions on how to do this and you can get there by following the link below.
So get your custom recovery on with these files and instructions and give a big thanks to the folks over at XDA for this. Of course you need to be rooted and you can do so by going here. Owners of the RAZR, does this help you breath a sigh of relief?
1. First, CWM Recovery install.(nitroglycerine33′s RazrBootstrap.apk)
2. Attachment file(RAZR-CWMOnBoot-Global-J.Y.Daddy.zip) download and copy at SDcard.(/sdcard-ext)
3. Recovery boot using by RazrBootstrap app.
4. in recovery menu: “install zip from sdcard” -> “choose zip from sdcard” -> select file.
5. After completed update, reboot.
6. After reboot, RazrBootstrap.apk set deny on Superuser. (Very important)
7. reboot. (is all finished)
Click Here To Check Out This ereader Solution
- Trebuchet Launcher Alpha for Android 4.0.3 Now Available for Download [Courtesy of XDA]
- Motorola Xoom Gets Unofficial Taste of Android 4.0.3 [Courtesy of XDA]
- Original Motorola Droid Gets Some ICS Love In A Pre-Alpha Build [courtesy of XDA]
- Get the Google Wallet APK for you LTE Galaxy Nexus – No Root Required [Courtesy XDA]
- Get the Google Wallet APK for your LTE Galaxy Nexus – No Root Required [Courtesy XDA]
Leave a comment
Follow Us On Facebook
- Hereader: Square mobile payment solution now available in Canada http://t.co/EdBSuJCv #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Square mobile payment solution now available in Canada http://t.co/MuTw59XO #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Jelly Bean for Sprint’s Samsung Galaxy S III to start rolling out on October 25th http://t.co/x9MeR0vh #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Memoto tiny clip-on camera takes two pictures every minute for two days, shared via Androi http://t.co/0urubTX5 #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Sony announces Xperia Go to arrive in Canada by November http://t.co/RZE5V4Bk #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: T-Mobile and Lookout delivering Mobile Security Solution to protect customers’ devic http://t.co/t1thCiLT #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Sprint releases push-to-talk app called Direct Connect http://t.co/OLQcyNUU #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Android 4.2 could be Key Lime Pie and is a Motorola Nexus and DROID RAZR X one the way? http://t.co/z8u0ZAwt #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: UK retailers cutting price on 16GB Nexus 7 in advance of Google’s upcoming event http://t.co/a4WfiIMI #ereader#touchscreen ereader
- Hereader: Siri-like Dragon Mobile Assistant app from Nuance now available http://t.co/Snf3V9xo #ereader#touchscreen ereader